Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Final New York Post

Ok, I am a little tired of the NY posts. I am going to try and finish with this one. It may be long....
Here are some pictures of Times Square in the daytime. It is just like you see on TV. Everything is big and busy!








This last picture Duane made me take from across the street. Apparently some guy thought 'I think I'll go out in my underwear with my guitar and cowboy hat and make a living taking pictures with people'... or something like that. Kinda random.

We then went to Central Park and rode in a bike taxi. A guy pedals you around while you sit in a seat, kind of like a ricksaw (sp?). It was beautiful! Lots of people biking, running, walking dogs, pushing strollers, etc. This first picture is in the first scene of Face Off when John Travolta gets shot on the carousel.





This is the fountain from the beginning of the Friends episodes.

After Central Park, we walked back through Times Square to the Majestic Theatre. We saw Phantom of the Opera. It was wonderful! It is amazing what they can do on one stage. Their costumes were beautiful. It was very dark inside so the pictures I took of the theatre didn't turn out and of course we couldn't take any during the show. So no pictures. I would for sure go to another play!

After the play, we walked through Times Square at night. It is still so lit up that it is hard to tell it is even night! Here are a few pictures of it...



Overall we had a great time! It was a great experience! It did make me grateful for Texas, my home, my family, and the fact we all live so close together. I missed my kids terribly and I don't plan on leaving them for that long again for a very long time!

1 comment:

  1. Just so you know the naked guy has a name. Its The Naked Cowboy lol Seriously. He has been doing that for years, even has small rolls in some movies just doing that...being the naked cowboy on the street. Its weird.

    ReplyDelete