Friday, March 6, 2009

Moments

So Shyanne's friend Cassandra did a post on memorable moments in her life and it got me thinking about some of mine.

1. Realizing and admitting I was not saved, when I had thought I was for 10 years. I will never forget praying with Duane and Ms. Diane in a cabin in Oklahoma and making things right with God. He is so good and patient!

2. Marrying the love of my life almost seven years ago. Looking back I don't know why our parents let us do it, we were so young and so in love and that's all that mattered to us! But God's timing was perfect and things have turned out so wonderful!

3. Hearing Addi's first cry. I will never forget it!

4. Leaning forward and touching Karter for the first time and seeing his dad with tears in his eyes so that he could barely cut the cord.

These are by far the best and most important, but I could think of a few more. I don't know why but some of the most vivid memories I have are not always pleasant ones, but I am so thankful for the wisdom and growth that God brought from them.

5. Crying on my mom's shoulder and in Duane's arms when we found out some of our really good friends were getting divorced.

6. Finding out Duane's paw-paw had died exactly one week before our wedding and having the feeling that I had to get to him immediately.

7. Crying like a baby my senior year of high school when our cross country team made it state. I didn't even run on varsity but it was such an honor to be a part of something so amazing!

8. Finding out I was pregnant with Addi! The most wonderful feeling ever!

9. Crying with my mom because all at once I was losing all my friends to either moving or going to other churches.

10. Standing in the hallway of Shannon, crying in Duane's arms when his sister lost her first
baby.

11. My bachelorette party when Jill had one of her friends pretend to be a stripper! I will never get over it! I still have to pay her back for that!

12. Getting the call in the middle of the night that one of Duane's classmates had died fighting in Iraq.

13. Being sworn in as a CPA in Austin only six weeks before my due date. I was huge!!

I could think of some more but they are mostly sad. It was nice to think about what God has done and how He has taken me through so many things in life!

2 comments:

  1. ohhhh...I felt like I was there for those! Again, my eyes filled with tears...touching.

    I so enjoyed seeing y'all this morning! As I wrote on Shy's blog, I just didn't realize how very much I missed you all...

    ReplyDelete