Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Two Posts in One

1. We are now back among the living. For the last week we have fighting illness. Last Monday Duane stayed home with the stomach bug. Karter started throwing up and running fever Tuesday night. He ran fever off and on until Friday. The Dr. said he had the stomach flu. I was thinking must be similar to the 24hr stomach bug so we should be good to go in another day. Not so much. Karter started throwing up again on Saturday morning and continued every few hours until Sunday morning, at which time Addi started and continued until Monday morning. Karter looked horrible by Sat. night, he hadn't eaten hardly anything for four days. I called and talked to the nurse, who said that it was more like the flu and it had been lasting for 2-10 days and that kdis would be better for 3-4 days and then get it again. I started feeling sick with a head cold on Monday and was sooooooooo tired. Now I have all this congestion which makes me feel sick at my stomach and I am still soooooooooo tired. It was all I could do to get ready and to work this morning. I feel better now that I am up and going. Anyways, that is what we have been doing for the last week. I pray that no one else gets sick! It is no fun!

2. I FINALLY got a converter box yesterday. No TV for two weeks, especially when you are home for three days with sick kids is not that much fun. We have watched every movie we have plus some from my parents! I really could stand no tv, except for The Biggest Loser on Tuesdays. I have watched it at my parents the last two weeks. Last night after the first hour, mom didn't really want to watch another hour so I went home. Duane worked late and I was thinking I can hook up the converter box and have it going in time for the weigh in. Sure enough it was easy and we now have our two channels again. BUT I AM SO MAD AT BIGGEST LOSER! I get it all hooked up and am watching and then they say 'To be continued'!? Ugh! So now we have to wait until next week to see if anyone goes home!

3. I decided I had a third thing to blog about. Last week when Duane was home sick he finally put the other screen door on our porch. Now the dogs can't get on! Anyways he cleaned it off this weekend and we put the kids bikes out there. It is wonderful! Now they can just go out there anytime they want or I want them to and ride their bikes and play. It's almost like being outside and they can't go anywhere! I am really going to enjoy this!

Later Alligator.....

1 comment:

  1. Of course, they said to be continued. Jason said that it is obvious no one is going home because they are donating money to some charity, if no one goes home. Therefore, no one will be voted off. I think I agree, because what would they tell that charity then, oh sorry we aren't giving you the money now.

    ReplyDelete